We have partnered with MDLIVE® to provide you with a faster way to receive non-urgent healthcare – telemedicine. Visit with a US Board-certified doctor by video conference or phone call right from your home, office or on the go for non-emergency medical conditions.
What is Telemedicine?
Telemedicine (also referred to as “telehealth” or “e-health”) allows a patient to contact and receive healthcare guidance from a doctor in real time using a smartphone, tablet, or computer. To access telemedicine, you'll need an online account. If you don't have one yet, register now.
When to Use Telemedicine Benefits
- If your primary care doctor is not available
- Instead of going to the ER or an urgent care center (for a non-emergency medical issue)
- Traveling and in need of medical care
Cost of a Telemedicine Visit
- Payment by credit card or your health savings (HSA) card will be required
- Your visit will cost no more than $40 if you have access to our telemedicine program
- There will be a $49 visit charge if you don't have access to our telemedicine program
- Co-payment responsibility varies by group and plan
- Our telemedicine service partner MDLIVE®, will know your co-payment amount when you contact them
Common Conditions Treated
- Cold & Flu
- Ear Infections
- Insect Bites
- Joint Aches
- Pink Eye
- Respiratory Infections
- Sinus Infections
- Skin Infections
- Sore Throat
- Urinary Tract Infections
- And More!
How to Register for MDLIVE®
How to Use MDLIVE®
Whether you have access to our telemedicine program through MDLIVE® will depend on the type of health plan you have. When you log into your Univera Healthcare online account, a “Telemedicine Visit” button/link will appear on the upper right corner of your screen. Click on the button/link to see if you have access to the program.