Our company offers special programs to employees in its Actuarial functions designed to promote professional and career development.
Actuarial Study Program
For employees interested in pursuing an Associate of the Society of Actuaries or Fellow of the Society of Actuaries designation, our company maintains a competitive Actuarial Study Program for those who meet the program entrance and ongoing program requirements.
Participants in this program benefit from:
- Paid study hours and exam sitting days
- Company funding of study materials and exam fees
- Upon passing exams, students receive salary increases per the program’s specifications
Entry into the Actuarial Development program that provides the opportunity to have job experiences in different Actuarial functions and business areas.
Actuarial Development Program
The Actuarial Development Program enables qualified employees to have successive job experiences in different Actuarial functions or business areas in designated program positions. Functional areas where the Actuarial Development Program is available include all areas reporting into the Chief Actuary, as well as Risk Adjustment Actuarial, and other departments that have Actuarial Study Program participants with the approval of the department’s management and the Rotational Oversight Committee (ROC).
This program is an innate part of the Actuarial Study Program, but it is also available optionally to other employees in these areas who meet requirements of the program. The goal of the Actuarial Development Program is to:
- Enhance the talent of staff in these areas and improve organizational results
- Attract and retain high quality credentialed and non‐credentialed employees through effective career development.
- Provide growth and development opportunities by engaging the participants in new tasks and new disciplines to broaden their skill set and knowledge base.
The program will diversify individual experience which will enhance career opportunities as well as strengthen our actuarial areas by providing flexibility and sustainability.