Optional Supplemental Dental Coverage
Many of our Medicare Advantage Plans already include coverage for preventive dental services. Now you can add more coverage to fit your needs.
How do I enroll?
If you’re new to our Medicare Advantage Plans:
- Indicate on your application that you choose to enroll in Complementary Dental or Full Comprehensive Dental coverage. Enroll Now.
If you’re already an Univera Healthcare Medicare Advantage member:
- Download our 2021 Dental ApplicationOpen a PDF or our 2020 Dental ApplicationOpen a PDF and mail the completed application to:
ATTN: Medicare Enrollment Processing
PO Box 211316
Eagan, MN 55121
Or ask our Medicare Customer Care Advocates to mail you a dental application.
You can also complete a full enrollment application online. Enroll Now.
What you need to know about enrolling online:
- First, select your current Medicare Advantage plan listed on your Univera Healthcare member ID card.
- Once you have selected your plan, you will be prompted to add the associated expanded dental option.
- You will need your Original Medicare number on your red, white, and blue card to complete the full online application.
How do I disenroll?
You may cancel your dental benefits at any time. To cancel, you must notify us in writing. We cannot accept disenrollment requests by phone.
- Complete the dental disenrollment request formOpen a PDF
- Send to PO Box 211316, Eagan, MN 55121
Is my dentist in network?
Find out if your dentist is in our network.
You can see an out-of-network dentist, but it will cost more.*
What are the costs? (dental coverage overview)Open a PDF
|Monthly dental premium (In addition to your monthly Medicare Advantage Plan premium and Part B premium.)||$29 a month|
|Preventive dental coverage Up to 2 routine cleanings, 2 oral exams and 2 bitewing x-rays per year||
Already covered by your Medicare Advantage Plan.
No additional coverage needed.
|Annual Deductible**||You pay $100 per calendar year before coverage begins|
|Annual Maximum Benefit**||The plan will pay up to $1,000 per calendar year (services above the limit are your responsibility).|
|Restorative (e.g., restorations, fillings)||
In Network: You pay 20% of the cost for each visit
Out of Network: * You pay 50% of the cost for each visit
Periodontics (e.g., scaling)
Oral Surgery (e.g., extractions)
Endodontics (e.g., root canal)
Prosthodontics (e.g., select crowns, dentures, and bridges)
Prosthetic Maintenance (e.g., denture or bridge repairs)
In Network: You pay 50% of the cost for each visit
Out of Network: * You pay 55% of the cost for each visit
Some limits may apply. See the Evidence of Coverage for more information. Expanded dental coverage cannot be added to Medicare Advantage plans received through a former employer.
* The plan will pay up to the maximum allowable benefit for each service covered. If your provider does not participate in our network and charges more than the maximum allowable benefit, you will be responsible for the additional cost.
** The deductible and maximum plan benefit do not apply to preventive services.
This information is not a complete description of benefits. Call 1-800-671-6081 (TDD/TTY 1-800-662-1220) for more information.
Out-of-network/non-contracted providers are under no obligation to treat Univera Healthcare members, except in emergency situations. Please call our customer service number or see your Evidence of Coverage for more information, including the cost-sharing that applies to out-of-network services.
To the extent of any discrepancy between this website and the Evidence of Coverage, the Evidence of Coverage terms take priority.
Monday - Friday:
8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
From Oct. 1 - Dec. 30:
advisors are also available weekends 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve, and New Year’s Day
Need information in a different format?
Get updates on how health care is changing, plus recipes, fitness advice and more.
Univera Healthcare is an HMO plan with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in Univera Healthcare depends on contract renewal. Submit a complaint about your Medicare plan at www.Medicare.gov or learn about filing a complaint by contacting the Medicare Ombudsman. Y0028_7466_C.
This page last updated 10-01-2020.