Page Title for page template
Univera SeniorChoice Basic (HMO)
UNI-MDP- Enroll Button Mobile Size
MDC-Univera SeniorChoice Basic-Plan Features-Odd
- Robust provider network1
- No referrals required
- $0 copay for all Tier 1 Preferred Generic drugs
- For a 90-day supply, you pay 2 times the copayment for a 30-day supply of your prescription
- Worldwide urgent care and emergency coverage
- Silver&Fit® Fitness Program
- $25 annual non-refundable fee to enroll in a participating fitness club or exercise center;
- $10 annual non-refundable fee to enroll in the home fitness program; or
- $150 annual allowance for out-of-network facilities.
MDC-Univera SeniorChoice Basic-Benefits-Odd
Univera SeniorChoice Basic (HMO) provides comprehensive coverage for the health care services you need, including:
- $15 copay per visit for primary care providers
- $40 copay per visit for in-network specialists
- $0 copay for many Medicare-covered preventive services, such as physical exams, smoking cessation and some immunizations
- $13 copay for in-network chiropractic medical visits
- Inpatient Hospital Stay
- $370 copay per day for days 1-5 of each Medicare-covered stay at a network hospital
- Days 6+ covered in full
- $6,700 annual Out-of-Pocket Maximum Protection (In-network services)
Prescription Drug Coverage3
Our prescription drug coverage features:
|Tier||30-Day Supply||90-Day Supply|
|Tier 1 Preferred Generic Drugs||$0||$0|
|Tier 2 Generic Drugs||$14||$28|
|Tier 3 Preferred Brand Drugs||$47||$94|
|Tier 4 Non-Preferred Drugs||$100||$200|
|Tier 5 Specialty Drugs||26%||26%|
- $360 annual deductible on Tiers 3, 4 and 5 Drugs (you must pay the full cost of your Tiers 3, 4 and 5 drugs until you reach the plan’s deductible amount). For all other drugs, you will not have to pay any deductible and will start receiving coverage immediately.
- Additional savings when you take advantage of our mail order and select retail pharmacies that provide lower cost-sharing for a 90-day supply of your prescription drug(s).
- The 5-Tier comprehensive formulary includes Tier 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 drugs. Follow this link to Search for a Medication and View Drug Tier and Copayment or Coinsurance Information.
- Our nationwide network includes thousands of participating pharmacies. Additionally, Univera Healthcare has contracts with pharmacies that equal or exceed the CMS requirements for pharmacy access in your area.
MDC-Univera SeniorChoice Basic-Learn More-Odd
Learn more with these resources:
- Summary of Benefits with Multi-Language FlyerOpen a PDF
- Evidence of CoverageOpen a PDF
- Annual Notice of ChangeOpen a PDF
- Plan Ratings
- Disenrollment Rights & Responsibilities
1 Network Coverage Information - With our Medicare Advantage Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) plans, you must use plan providers except in emergency or urgent care situations or for out-of-area renal dialysis or other services. If you obtain routine care from out-of-network providers, neither Medicare nor Univera Healthcare will be responsible for the costs. For information on how to request reimbursement for out-of-network claims for emergency, urgent or other services, or Coverage Determinations and Appeals call Customer Care at 1-877-883-9577, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.; From October 1 through March 31, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., 7 days a week (TTY/TDD 1-800-662-1220). Or, see the Evidence of Coverage using the link above. The Formulary, pharmacy network, and/or provider network may change at any time. You will receive notice when necessary.
3 Eligible beneficiaries must use network pharmacies to access their prescription drug benefit, except under non-routine circumstances, and quantity limitations and restrictions may apply.
To the extent of any discrepancy between this web site and the Evidence of Coverage, the Evidence of Coverage terms take priority.
UNI-MDP-Health Plan Scripts
Put stuff here to only use one set of plan pages and NOT create new pages every year
UNI-MDP-Sidebar Enroll button
Monday - Friday:
8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
From Oct. 1 - Dec. 30:
advisors are also available weekends 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve, and New Year’s Day
Need information in a different format?
Get updates on how health care is changing, plus recipes, fitness advice and more.
Univera Healthcare contracts with the Federal Government and is an HMO plan with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in Univera Healthcare depends on contract renewal. Submit a complaint about your Medicare plan at www.Medicare.gov or learn about filing a complaint by contacting the Medicare Ombudsman. Y0028_5968_M.
This page last updated 08-03-2019.