Page Title for page template
Univera SeniorChoice Value (HMO)
UNI-MDP- Enroll Button Mobile Size
MDC-Univera SeniorChoice Value-Plan Features-Even
- NEW for 2020, add Complementary Dental coverage to your plan, for an additional $29 a month. This includes coverage for restorative and major dental services (i.e., crowns, root canals). Coverage for preventive dental services (i.e., cleanings and x-rays) is included with your plan.2 (View our Supplemental Dental plans)
- $75 annual eyewear allowance
- NEW for 2020, you pay 50% of the cost for up to 10 acupuncture visits.
- Robust provider network
- No referrals required
- Worldwide urgent care and emergency coverage
- The Silver&Fit® Fitness Program. $25 annual non-refundable fee for gym membership. Other program options are available. Find a participating fitness center near you.
- Coverage for hearing aids through our partner TruHearing® (a copayment will apply)
MDC-Univera SeniorChoice Value-Benefits-Even
Univera SeniorChoice Value (HMO) provides comprehensive coverage for the health care services you need, including:
- $10 copay per visit for primary care providers
- $45 copay per visit for specialists
- $0 copay for many Medicare-covered preventive services, such as physical exams, smoking cessation and some immunizations
- $10 copay for in-network chiropractic medical visits
- Inpatient Hospital Stay
- $360 copay per day for days 1-5 for each Medicare-covered stay at a network hospital
- Days 6+ covered in full
- $6,700 annual Out-of-Pocket Maximum Protection (In-network services)
Prescription Drug Coverage4
In 2020, you may save on prescription drugs and vaccines when they are filled at our preferred pharmacies. You may pay more at standard pharmacies. Your prescription drug costs. You pay 2 times the copayment for a 30-day supply of your prescription at the pharmacy or through mail order:
|Tier||Preferred Pharmacy |
|Preferred Pharmacy |
|Standard Pharmacy |
|Standard Pharmacy |
|Tier 1 Preferred Generic Drugs (Includes select vaccines like the shingles vaccine shingrix®)||$0||$0||$5||$10|
|Tier 2 Generic Drugs||$10||$20||$15||$30|
|Tier 3 Preferred Brand Drugs||$42||$84||$47||$94|
|Tier 4 Non-Preferred Drugs||$95||$190||$100||$200|
|Tier 5 Specialty Drugs||33%||33%||33%||33%|
- $0 annual deductible (this is the amount you must pay for prescriptions before we begin to pay)
- Additional savings when you take advantage of our mail order and select retail pharmacies that provide lower cost-sharing for a 90-day supply of your prescription drug(s)
- The 5-Tier comprehensive formulary includes Tier 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 drugs. Follow this link to Search for a Medication and View Drug Tier and Copayment or Coinsurance Information
- Our nationwide network includes thousands of participating pharmacies. Additionally, Univera Healthcare has contracts with pharmacies that equal or exceed the CMS requirements for pharmacy access in your area
MDC-Univera SeniorChoice Value-Learn More-Even
Learn more with these resources:
- Summary of Benefits with Multi-Language FlyerOpen a PDF
- Evidence of CoverageOpen a PDF
- Annual Notice of ChangeOpen a PDF
- Plan Ratings
- Disenrollment Rights & Responsibilities
1 Network Coverage Information - With our Medicare Advantage Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) plans you must use plan providers except in emergency or urgent care situations or for out-of-area renal dialysis or other services. If you obtain routine care from Out-of-Network providers neither Medicare nor Univera Healthcare will be responsible for the costs. For information on how to request reimbursement for Out-of-Network claims from emergency, urgent or other services, or Coverage Determinations and Appeals call Customer Care at 1-877-883-9577, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.; From October 1 through March 31, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., 7 days a week (TTY/TDD 1-800-662-1220). Or, see the Evidence of Coverage using the link above. The Formulary, pharmacy network, and/or provider network may change at any time. You will receive notice when necessary.
2 For out-of-network providers, we will pay 100% of the allowance or dentist charges, whichever is less. You will be responsible for the balance.
4 Eligible beneficiaries must use network pharmacies to access their prescription drug benefit, except under non-routine circumstances, and quantity limitations and restrictions may apply.
To the extent of any discrepancy between this web site and the Evidence of Coverage, the Evidence of Coverage terms take priority.
UNI-MDP-Health Plan Scripts
Put stuff here to only use one set of plan pages and NOT create new pages every year
UNI-MDP-Sidebar Enroll button
Monday - Friday:
8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
From Oct. 1 - Dec. 30:
advisors are also available weekends 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve, and New Year’s Day
Need information in a different format?
Get updates on how health care is changing, plus recipes, fitness advice and more.
Univera Healthcare contracts with the Federal Government and is an HMO plan with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in Univera Healthcare depends on contract renewal. Submit a complaint about your Medicare plan at www.Medicare.gov or learn about filing a complaint by contacting the Medicare Ombudsman. Y0028_5995.
This page last updated 10-01-2019.